What is Smarter Cambridge Transport?
Smarter Cambridge Transport (formerly Better City Deal) is the initiative of an impartial group of local people, all volunteers, who are developing and promoting a modern vision for integrated transport in Cambridge and the surrounding region. Our immediate focus is on ensuring that the Greater Cambridge City Deal money is spent in the best possible way.
What are we doing?
We are consulting with local residents, businesses, organisations, MPs, councillors, council officers and transport professionals to understand the transport needs across the region. As we develop policies and come up with solutions, we go out and explain them and campaign to have them adopted by the relevant local authority (typically Cambridgeshire County Council).
Our guiding principles are:
- Give people more travel options.
- Make journey times predictable.
- Enable buses to run faster.
- Make multi-modal journeys easier.
- Make paying for transport and parking simpler.
- Make cycling and walking safer and more enjoyable.
- Design transport infrastructure for people not vehicles.
- Protect and enhance the natural and built environment.
- Promote social cohesion and inclusion.
Want to join us? Here’s how you can help.